Skip to main content
Official State of Iowa Website Here is how you know
Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services

Agency Services

Once you are eligible and ready to receive Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services, you and your counselor will develop your Individualized Plan for Employment (IEP). This plan will outline and explain your employment goal as well as the services you will need to be successful in reaching your goal. You and your counselor must both agree to the plan and sign it in order for it to be effective.

Your employment goal and plan can be changed or modified with the approval of both you and your counselor. Your plan will be reviewed officially every year. At that time, you and your counselor will create a new plan (which may be exactly the same as the old plan). The two of you will discuss progress and make sure you’re both in agreement. Finally, both of you will sign to put it into effect for another year (or until you choose to modify it).

If you choose to obtain an advocate outside of VR, you have different options of who to work with. This includes the Client Assistance Program (CAP) or Disability Rights Iowa (DRI), or another person you identify. Your counselor can give you more information on either of these if you so request them.