The Transition Alliance Program (TAP) is a partnership between Community School Districts and Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services (IVRS). Participants of TAP receive assistance in the areas of vocational training, independent living, and post-secondary education. Our goal is for young adults to develop positive work skills in order to obtain and maintain competitive integrated employment. TAP participants will receive follow-up services to assure long-term job success!
"Building students of today into leaders of tomorrow....one step at a time!"
Why Choose TAP?
- Individualized attention
- One-on-one assistance for career and educational opportunities
- Development of job seeking and job keeping skills
- Assistance in locating and maintaining employment
- Community mobility and driver permit training
- Assistance with individual housing, medical, and financial matters
- Year round support
- Follow-up and monitoring through age 25
- Job Exploration Counseling
- Work-Based Learning Experiences
- Workplace Readiness Training
- Post-Secondary Training Opportunities
- Self-Advocacy Instruction
- Job Placement
- Independent Living skills
- Follow-Up and Monitoring (until 25)